Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Years Resolutions

Hi everyone, hope your holiday season was fruitful. Now that we're back in the swing of things I thought I needed to show a little love to the blog. This year I want to make a few New Years Resolutions, a la the WWPD crew, to help focus my hobby goals for the year. It'll be interesting to look back in December and see where I end up, but no matter what I think this will be fun.

Recent gaming, battle was pretty anti-climactic so I won't be posting a full write-up

So, without further delay:



1. Build/paint/acquire an Early War adversary for my EW Deutsche Afrika Korps - My EW DAK doesn't see the table nearly as often as I'd like, and a lot of that has to do with my local crew not having EW armies. I came up with a relatively inexpensive but still effective British infantry list that'll hopefully fit the bill.



2. Finish my desert table - I just need some buildings/rubble to flesh out the village, and then maybe some more hills. I think I have developed a method for making convincing desert rubble, which will be the subject of a future blog post.


Yes, there are trees in Tunisia


3. Build/paint/acquire a communist force - I would love to build a Soviet Rota Razvedki, but damn it's expensive. HOWEVER! If I'm looking for a communist horde then building a PAVN infantry force to play the adversary to my 'Nam Americans could be a great option.



4. Sell some of my stuff - I officially have to much stuff and too little cash, so I need to bite the bullet and sell stuff that I'm simply not using anymore (Sturmtigers - I'm looking at you!).

Gotta clean off that pigment, clean up the rust effects

5. Run at least 5 Ranger events - I'm one of the Ranger coordinators for my area, and have recently become the main one, so I need to step it up a little. Hopefully I can get to the other two stores outside of my FLGS and run a few demo games on a semi-consistent basis.

Although there won't be any mega-battles...I hate mega-battles

6. Attend at least one tournament outside of New York State - I'm really hoping to get to an HMGS event this year, but would settle for another event that simply featured a different group and a different meta than I'm used to.

That about does it! Of course there are other projects that I would love to take on but hopefully this list will allow me to focus my priorities and stick to a certain set of goals. Thanks for reading, and don't forget to follow me on Twitter @piflamesofwar

No comments:

Post a Comment